Tuesday 23 November 2010

A suffocating start

Well, not quite the start I was looking for.  Here I am, about to travel the world, meeting other Aber graduates and hearing their stories of what they've been doing.  I thought at the least I'd get a window seat, but instead this oaf of a Development Director has stuffed me into his laptop case, wedged between his camera and the power cable.  It's dark, hot and smells suspiciously of mint - he must be trying to give up smoking again.

In any case, let me introduce myself:  Baabaa Wooliams is the name, Ambassador Plenipotentiary for Aberystwyth University, taking the light of mid-Welsh civilisation to the far corners of the world.  On this trip, across the USA, down to Australia (where I naturally have a lot of cousins), then the Far East before swinging back via Dubai to good old Aber.

If I'm ever let out of this case, I shall share my adventures, comment on the strange and the wonderful that I encounter, bring you news of Aber grads far and wide, and philosophize on the nature of man and sheep.  Ewe'll never have read anything like it.

Next stop Boston!

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh i've heard about baa baa wooliams from julian at the aber malaysian alumni gathering on friday and the first thign i did when i came back was to check out his blog :D

    a very entertaining and amusing blog with anecdotal entries written in an ingenious and witty manner. suffice to say that this will keep me coming back to this blog to check out the adventures of baa baa around the world meeting other graduates from various countries and reporting on the interesting incidents that have transpired. way to go! *thumbs up*

    -aber graduate from the first decade of the new millennium

    ReplyDelete